Not only is
- A local Fair Trade steering committee is formed that meets on a regular basis. The aim of the committee is to increase awareness of and demand for Fair Trade products through education, outreach, and events.
- A range of Fair Trade products is available in local stores, cafes, and other venues. These include Fair Trade Certified products and products sold by retailers that are member of the Fair Trade Federation.
- Fair Trade products are used by a number of local organizations such as places of worship, schools, hospitals, and offices.
- The local campaign attracts media attention and visible public support, including press and radio.
- The town and city council pass a resolution supporting Fair Trade and the local campaign.