Fair Trade Resource Network (FTRN), an excellent, user friendly source to better understand Fair Trade, its principles and the communities it sustains, also provides easy, everyday ways you can get involved.
FTRN believes that a system of Fair Trade - built on mutually beneficial relationships that value integrity, accountability, and transparency - will:
* Promote respect for the dignity of all human labor;
* Produce models of economic equity and sustainability that can create broad positive social change;
* Provide an opportunity to connect with others and preserve cultural diversity;
* Align environmental sustainability with Fair Trade Practices; and
* Encourage collaboration and cooperation to advance these principles.
That's why they've been working since 1999 to bring Fair Trade to every person in the U.S., as each individual makes a difference - with the promise of lasting benefits for working families around the world. Fair Trade the White House is fortunate to have FTRN as a resource and proud to collaborate as we work together to invite First Lady Michelle Obama to fair trade her home on World Fair Trade Day 2010!
- Check out FTRN's brand new Highlights page
- Sign up for their monthly e-newsletter to keep up on the latest Fair Trade news and events near you
- Learn how you can be part of the world's largest fair trade coffee break. "Everything is better when it's FAIR!"